Saturday, 10 October 2015

Lytton Street Visit

On Wednesday the 7th of October I went to Lytton Street to hear Denise Ansleigh speak. Denise is an award winning teacher from Australia, who recently attended a Reggio Emilia Study Group in Northern Italy and who has incorporated principles of that into her own teaching.  She shared her approach to education, her inspiration and made connections to both the Reggio Emilia and Kathy Walker approaches to education, focusing on the atelier of nature,  She shared some practical examples of classroom practice and shared images of the "imaginarium."

After listening to Denise's presentation we had a question and answer time and a general chat.  I was interested in the Kathy Walker approach and then asked if it was possible to visit Te Tipu which is the New Entrant class based on this approach.  I talked a lot to the teachers about their programme  and would like to find out more about the Kathy Walker approach. We have ordered her book "Play Matters," so we can find out the thinking/background behind her approach.

Below are some photos from Te Tipu Suite.



No comments:

Post a Comment